It’s really easy to SAY you want to establish a new habit – we say it all the time:
- I’m going to start exercising!
- I’m going to get up early!
- I’m going to take a shower!
- I’m going to take my supplements!
- I’m going to wear clothes today!
And we do okay…for like 3 days. Then we totally bomb it in The Marcels Blue Moon style.
Why is it so difficult?
Why do we say that we want to do new things, but we don’t follow through? Is it because we don’t have any willpower?
Possibly, but I think it comes down to self-discipline. Which really isn’t the fun answer, is it? I’m known for giving the Not Fun Answer. Sorry.
So, I want to share with you guys something that has made it easier for me to develop a new habit once I decide it is a priority for me.[Read more…]