It should come as no surprise that I love oats. Hardly a day passes where I don’t have it in some shape or fashion, be it in traditional oatmeal, smoothies, or granola. Speaking of “passes,” ahem – you should be eating it more often if you’re having problems with “passes.” Hahahahahaha!
I announced last week that I’m working on a new cookbook – one all about oatmeal. Because, as I already mentioned…I love it. It’s so versatile. I’ve already posted a ton of oatmeal recipes here, but really – is there such a thing as too many oatmeal recipes? I think not! I even have oatmeal as its own Pinterest board.
More Than Alive sent me 10 pounds of organic rolled oats – and I’m going to get to give away 10 pounds to one of you too! Hooray for oats! It can be hard to find organic oats, so that’s why I love that small personal companies like MTA carry these things. I do try to always go organic for oats, because the price difference isn’t that huge. But hey, keeping it real like always – I ran out recently and bought the Food City store brand of oats…because being without oats is not a place I want to be. *Sob*
I do use rolled oats exclusively (also called Old Fashioned Oats). I don’t buy quick oats – they go through a bit more processing that really isn’t needed. Sometimes I buy steel cut oats, but I mostly use rolled oats. In all recipes that call for quick oats, I have used rolled oats without any problems. I also use the rolled oats to make my oat flour. You can actually buy oat flour, but making it in your blender is so easy, why bother? Just process those puppies until it looks like flour. If I can do it
without making a mess with minimal mess, so can you! How many times can you say oats in a paragraph? I think I beat the record. Oats.
Also note – sniff your oats. They do go bad. The oats from More Than Alive have a nice, sweet smell. If you take a big whiff and it sets your nose hairs on fire, then you probably need new oats. Store them in the fridge or a cool place for the longest shelf life. I like to buy mine in large quantities: 10-50 pounds.
So, what do I do with all these oats? Well, I eat them. Below I’ll give you 50 ways – some of them are mine and some are from other blogging friends.
NOTE: if you are gluten-free, you can buy gluten-free oats. I thought I would throw that out there…if you’re gluten-free, you probably already know that. So, just pat my hand and say “thanks.”
I love oats. Have I mentioned that any time recently? See below the list to enter to win 10 pounds of oats from More Than Alive!
2. Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal with Fried Apples from Fruit Of Her Hands
3. Cranberry Nut Protein Bars from Once a Month Meals
4. Coconut Raisin Breakfast Cookies from Branappetit
7. Banana Berry Soaked Oats from Once a Month Meals
8. Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats from Expatriation Preparation
9. Gluten Free Oat Flour Pumpkin Muffins from The Humbled Homemaker
12. Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Breakfast Bars from The Humbled Homemaker
13. Cherry Almond Baked Oatmeal from Kitchen Stewardship
14. Caramel Oatmeal Bars from Heavenly Homemakers
16. Stovetop Apple Crisp from Your Thriving Family
17. Perfectly Creamy Oatmeal from Intentional By Grace
18. Whole Wheat Oatmeal Apple Muffins from Smartter Each Day
19. Oat Flour Pumpkin Waffles from Practical Stewardship
21. Homemade Instant Oatmeal from Plan to Eat
22. Raspberry Oatmeal Bars from Heavenly Homemakers
23. Muesli from Authentic Simplicity
24. Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal from Get Along Home
26. No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie Bars from Practical Stewardship
27. Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal from Modern Alternative Mama
28. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies from Embracing Everything
29. Flavored Oatmeal Packets from Creative Christian Mama
31. Chocolate Coconut No Bake Cookies from The Prairie Homestead
32. Feta Burger Steak from A Morefield Life
33. Oatmeal Pancakes from The Marathon Mom
34. Peanut Butter Apple Oatmeal from The Grocery Shrink
36. Strawberry Baked Oatmeal from Smockity Frocks
37. Oatmeal That Isn’t So Icky from Red and Honey
38. Granola Bars with Almonds and Dates from Granola Mom 4 God
39. Banana Oatmeal Doughnuts from Authentic Simplicity
41. Whole Wheat Oatmeal Jam Bars from My Humble Kitchen
42. Raspberry Coconut Crumble Bars from Practical Stewardship
43. Blueberry Oat Custard for 2 from The Grocery Shrink
44. Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies from The Marathon Mom
46. Cranberry Orange Oatmeal from Authentic Simplicity
47. 5 Spice Oatmeal from GNOWFGLINS
48. Always Ready Oatmeal Muffins from The Grocery Shrink
49. Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies from Young Wife’s Guide