At one point in my journey on healthy eating, I thought that granola bars from the store were “health food.” Yeah. Talk about a big ole smack in the face when I learned a lot of them are chocked full of both High Fructose Corn Syrup and Corn Syrup. For real? Do we need two sides of corn with our oats? Sheesh.
Sometimes when I’m in the grocery store, I end up getting mad before I get out. I get mad because I realize what the food industry has done to “healthy” food. Why do they add needless crap to it? Makes me wanna kick a buggy (“cart” for you non-southerners). I’m sure the stock boy has looked at my face a few times and thought I was a woman possessed. Poor guy. I probably scared him to bits. “Oh no – here comes that crazy woman again.”
So, I started making my granola bars at home. It’s super easy and doesn’t require any corn syrup. However, after looking around online I’ve realized that a lot of recipes say “healthy” or give you the idea that the granola bar is healthy, but it’s really not. If you make it at home, you really don’t need to add corn syrup – even if the recipe calls for it.
Well – because I love y’all, here is a list of 20 granola bar recipes from around the web (two are mine). They are “healthy.” Nothing with corn syrup, agave nectar, or white sugar in it. You might find a chocolate chip here and there though – because life without chocolate would be sad. 🙂
FYI, I use Enjoy Life chips from Vitacost.
Follow @stacymakescents on Instagram for daily meal inspiration!
1. Cinnamon Granola Bars from ME 🙂
2. Chewy Granola Bars from Heavenly Homemakers
3. Allergen Free “Clifford” Bars from Authentic Simplicity
5. No-Bake Granola Bars from Live Simply
6. Grain Free Granola Bars from Intoxicated on Life
7. Granola Bars with Almonds and Dates from Granola Mom 4 God
8. Energy Bars from Redeeming the Table
9. Granola Energy Balls from The Marathon Mom
10. Dairy Free/Gluten Free Granola Bars from Once a Month Mom
11. No-Bake Energy Bites from Gimme Some Oven (could make into bars)
12. Healthy Granola Bars from Red and Honey
13. No-Bake Chocolate Almond Granola Bars from The Greenbacks Gal
14. Real Healthy Granola Bars from Real Healthy Recipes
15. Pumpkin Seed Chewy Granola Bars from Keeper of the Home
16. Banana Bread Granola Bars from Erica’s Sweet Tooth (I would leave out the brown sugar)
17. Breakfast Bars from Elana’s Pantry (we LOVE these!)
18. Lemon Cranberry Honey Granola Bars from Food 52
19. Apricot Pecan Granola Bars from Sally’s Baking Addition
20. Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars from ME 🙂
For daily meal inspiration, follow @stacymakescents on Instagram.
What’s your favorite granola bar recipe?