For the other posts in this series, see here:
I first heard about Twice from my friend, Nikki. She had used it for her first online thrifting experience and had been tickled pink with the results. I used her referral link to earn $10 to shop for the first time. Give me $10 to shop at your store? Sure thing, buddy!
BUT, and this is a big BUT (like big ‘buts’ and I cannot lie), there was no coupon code available when I first signed up! ACK! HERESY! I’m sorry, but I think it might be against my religion to order something online that’s not on sale or has a coupon code…sure, it’s already used, but I still need a coupon code. I have morals and standards, you know. Always check Retail Me Not for coupon codes online.
So, I waited. And you know what? Just like I gave you the tip in Thred Up, they eventually emailed me a coupon code for 15% off. Sure it’s not going to impress Thrifty Suzie Homemaker, but I liked it. (You can also find a 15% off coupon on FB right now.)
I looked around Twice and found……….absolutely nothing. Nothing. Not even something I liked a little bit. Bummer.
But, what I did notice was that the site is super easy to navigate – even on my phone at 2am when the baby isn’t sleeping. Also, unlike some other online thrift stores, the measurements are included at Twice (along with materials and size). So many online shops are very hard to use on your phone. Twice is not.
Unlike Thred Up, Twice only accepts higher end brands…and fewer brands than Thred Up. This isn’t a problem for me because I don’t buy clothing based on brand, but if you do, you’ll like that perk.
I kept looking because I’m like the persistent widow – I don’t give up until I’m annoying…or something like that. And finally I found a few tops I really liked! So I was super tickled to get them at low prices PLUS a $10 credit PLUS 15% off! Woohoo! This means I paid $8.06 for each top – a bit more than Thred Up.
Uh Oh…the let down (and I don’t mean milk)
My box came and it was just a normal looking box. Kind of a let down after the pretty Thred Up box. 😉 But inside the packaging was well done and each shirt was in it’s own plastic sealed bag with a tag so you know it’s been inspected…but apparently, someone was having a bad day.
Immediately I noticed a stain on the front of the pink shirt and the sleeves were frayed and old looking – something that was most definitely NOT pictured in the photo…because I went back to check. Then I tried on the purple top and while I loved the look of it, it clung to every single fat roll that I have on my body and made me look like I’d had far to many doughnuts today.
Well, that’s just GREAT. Now I had to go through the annoying return procedure that most places have…right? WRONG, BUSTER!
Can it be THAT simple?!
I was so pleased with the return procedure with Twice. They provided the paid return label for me (free if you get store credit, but you pay return shipping if you want cash back $4.95). Since I already had the box, I just put it all back in there, taped on the label and stuck it in the mailbox. That. Was. It.
Could it really be that easy? A bit over a week later, the money was credited back to me and I was ready to shop again. SO EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And it’s not just me – Nikki also had the same great return experience that I did. Winner, winner, steak dinner (because steak sounds better than chicken today).
So, what’s my conclusion about Twice? I liked it. I think I prefer Thred Up, but for the reason only that I like the prices are sometimes lower because of the different brands they accept. I am very pleased with my shopping experiences at both places.
I will certainly use them again…especially since I told you most of my tops don’t fit any more because of my expanding…well, those.
- Measurements included with items
- Shipping only $4.95 or FREE over $49 (cheaper than Thred Up)
- If you make a return, you can do so for free if you get store credit
- Accepts only higher end items
- You can use a $10 referral code ALONG WITH a coupon code to maximize your first purchase
- Return procedure is so easy
- They offer MEN’S CLOTHING!!!
- Easy to shop from the comfort of your home, in your pajamas at 2am while eating M&Ms (and no that’s not why those are bigger now)
- High turnover for items, so you can easily find something you need
- Items can tend to be a bit more pricey than a Thred Up
- Sometimes items can be pictured one way and arrive another way (quality control on vacay?)
- Packaging not as nice as Thred Up
- Stock isn’t as big as at Thred Up
- I have read that to consign with Twice is not a pleasurable experience – so purchase here, but don’t consign seems to be the consensus
- They do not offer children’s clothing
- They don’t sell kettle corn, bacon or other similar items that every self-respecting store should
If I haven’t answered a specific question you have, please leave it below or check out the Twice FAQ.
If you would like (and it’s totally not a requirement), you can use my $10 referral link to get a nice discount…or not. That’s okay too. I don’t force discounts on people. 🙂 Or perhaps you can get one from a friend! 🙂