I know your secret.
I know that most of the time when you click on a recipe to read that post, you just scroll right on down the page till you get to the recipe you can print.
Blah, blah, blah, scroll, scroll, scroll – OH, THERE IT IS!
Wanna know how I know? Because I do it too.
I don’t have time to read all that – I just want the recipe. So, that’s what I’m going to attempt to do when I post a recipe for you from now on.
I’ve been making these cookies for years. I found the recipe in an OLD Hershey cookbook – as in, “almost falling apart and the pages are yellow” old. I’ve made a few tweaks over the years to make them fit our eating habits and just to work better. They make great hostess gifts or cookies for a potluck, because hello – chocolate and peanut butter = true love forever.
Before I give you the recipe, I want to make sure you get you some USA Pans, girl. These cookies slide right off like butter and there is no sugar mess to clean up. Just wipe and put back in the cabinet. Miracle pans. I’ve replaced all my pans with USA Pans.
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated “white” sugar (I use unbleached sugar)
- 1/3 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Granulated sugar
- Hershey Kisses, unwrapped in the amount of cookies you end up with
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the softened butter and peanut butter until well blended.
- Stir in the sugars until mixed in.
- Add egg and vanilla. Stir.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined.
- Shape dough into small cookie sized balls. I usually end up with around 24-27 cookies.
- Roll balls in the granulated sugar and place on parchment lined cookie sheet or unlined USA Pan.
- Do not smash the cookies.
- Bake at 375 for 9-12 minutes or just until the edges start to set. I usually go 10 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven and immediately place an unwrapped Kiss in the middle of each cookie and press down slightly until cookie cracks. You don’t want it to break apart – so press lightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet after 1 minute and cool completely. This might take a while because the Kisses will be slightly melted at the bottom, acting like a “glue” to adhere to the cookie.
Yield: 24-27 cookies