I’m so excited to let you guys listen to my conversation with Angela Coffman today about managing a home when you work outside of it. She’s the mastermind behind The Grocery Shrink.
Angela worked outside the home many years as a school teacher. She has 6 children, so she has a lot of wisdom for us – peppered with lots of grace on managing a home.
I hope you enjoy our conversation. If you have any questions for either of us, please leave them in the comments and we’ll get back to ya!
Managing a home when you work outside of it in points:
- There’s less mess when you’re not home all the time. So, that’s helpful.
- You can develop habits that help you maintain your home. Example – clean up messes immediately.
- Get help from your family. “Leave no trace.”
- Invite people over to give yourself a reason to clean. Ha!
- If you struggle with meal planning, concentrate on the main dish – and keep easy sides on hand all the time to add to it at the last minute. Example: applesauce, cottage cheese, tossed salad.
- Three most important things to manage a home when you’re gone: meal plan, pick up immediately, have reasonable expectations for yourself.
- If you work, let go of outside expectations on yourself. You might not have the time.
If you want to sign up for Angela’s meal planning service, she is giving half off to Humorous Homemaking readers, making it only $5/month. If you’re struggling with planning meals, this is a great option for you. Eating at home will save you a lot of money and also gives you the opportunity to spend quality time with your peeps. Discount available through 9/16.