In the spirit of keepin’ it real, as I usually do, I’m gonna be honest. I don’t have time to write this post – but I still want to share a yummy recipe. It’s holiday time, I’m behind (better than BEING a behind), and Andy keeps chewing on wires. Soooooooooooooooo, you might see that a few posts here and there are a bit sparse – and that’s because I’m busying chasing around a 15 month old who currently likes to play in the toilet while his sister stands by and watches (partners in crime).
So, it is what it is. Here’s a post full of pictures with a recipe at the bottom. This is a great way to fix chicken if you like hot food. Ciao baby!
Crock Pot Pepperjack Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast or tenders
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- Rice or pasta to serve
- Lay chicken in greased crock – 4 quart.
- Top with peppers.
- Combine seasonings and sprinkle over all. Add water.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Drain liquid.
- Sprinkle cheese over all and cover to let melt.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Yield: 4 servings
Comment Policy: I love reading your thoughts and input on what you read here. I'm sure we'll disagree sometimes and that's okay! In those cases, do what's right for you and yours. As with any form of communication, only post comments that move the discussion in a positive direction.