Easy, creamy–and most definitely a comfort food, this simple and delicious meal is sure to please both guests and family alike. Without further ado, here’s today’s recipe for Easy, Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken. I hope your family enjoys it as much as ours does! Serve this chicken over rice with a side of green beans or asparagus.
This recipe originally came from my friend Erin, over at the Humbled Homemaker. And y’all always remember -t here’s no reason to be scared when a recipe calls for cream of chicken soup, it is so easy to make from scratch. Good lemon pepper seasoning isn’t hard to find either. Trader Joes and several stores online carry organic, MSG-free brands.
Creamy Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (either frozen or thawed out is fine)
- 1 recipe cream of chicken soup (equivalent to 1 can*)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp.+ lemon pepper seasoning*
- 4 oz. chopped mushrooms
- Place chicken breasts on the bottom of your slow cooker. I don’t even grease mine, but you might if you are afraid of things sticking. Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper.
- Mix soup, milk and 2 Tbsp. lemon pepper.
- Add mushrooms to soup mix.
- Pour soup mixture over chicken in the crock pot. Add chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.