I have an obsession with all things cheeseburger. It’s a problem sometimes when it causes me to wake up at 3 am and seriously consider traveling somewhere to get one… And I’m always dreaming up ways to create dishes that taste like cheeseburgers…things like Cheeseburger Pizza and Cheeseburger Meatloaf,or the Pioneer Woman’s Cheeseburger Salad. And of course, this amazingly delicious Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup.
This is a great soup to make on a cold day – or a day that you’re going to be gone for a while. Or a cold day where you’ll be gone for a while. Hmm, now that I think of it, it’s great any day. You just throw your veggies in the crock and let them cook until tender. Later, you come back and add the cheese… can’t forget the cheese. That would be against my religion. Amen.
Just an FYI – whenever I make Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup, I usually prep the ingredients the night before, while I’m making dinner. I chop the potatoes and cover them with water then place in the fridge…and I brown the hamburger and put it in there too – then I can just throw everything together in the crock the next morning.
Crock Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- 1 lb. ground beef browned
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped pepper
- 1 14.5 oz Can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 cups beef broth
- 4 cups diced potatoes peeled or leave the peels on for extra fiber
- ¼ cup flour I used white wheat
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the beef, onion, pepper, spices, tomatoes, broth and potatoes in your crock (I used a 5 quart).
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- About 30 minutes before it is time to eat, combine the flour and milk. Whisk until no lumps remain.
- Stir into soup.
- Add cheese and stir again.
- Cover and cook until soup is thickened…about 30 minutes.
- Serve with toasty bread!