We absolutely love Breakfast Sliders!
…and, because they freeze so well, they may just be the perfect make-ahead breakfast!
I prepare a huge batch, and then cover the pan tightly in foil and freeze. The day before I’m going to serve them, I move them to the refrigerator to thaw. You could always wrap these in foil individually too, if you prefer to grab one at a time. Y’all know I love a good make-ahead breakfast. Plus, the recipe is so easy to cut in half for just a few breakfast sliders, or to double if you are batch-cooking a few dozen at a time. All you need to do is adjust the number of buns and the amount of filling.
You can also customize these Breakfast Sliders to suit your family’s tastes!
One of our favorites is the ham and cheddar variation, using a half of a slice of Never Any brand, Black Forest Ham from Aldi (free of preservatives, nitrates, and nitrites). But if you like your breakfast sliders to be a little bit on the heartier side, you can use 1-2 slices of ham instead of just a half a piece. Or you could make yours with a sausage patty, a slice of Canadian bacon or few pieces of crispy bacon.
To make these a little bit on the healthier side, why not add in some bell pepper, onion, zucchini or some baby spinach? Just chop finely, then stir the veggies in with the eggs before you bake them.
I make the basic Breadbecker’s bread dough and shape it into 16 large rolls instead of a loaf. But you could always use store-bought hamburger buns if you don’t make your own.
I prefer to sprinkle our breakfast sliders with about 2 tablespoons of shredded, extra sharp white cheddar. Some of the cheese may fall down in the dish, which doesn’t bother me. But, if messy cheese bothers you, trying using sliced cheese instead.
I like to serve these with fruit or smoothies, depending on how hungry everyone is.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! What breakfast slider variations did you come up with?
Ham and Cheddar Breakfast Sliders
12 eggs, beaten
salt and pepper, to taste
8-16 slices of black forest or honey ham
2 cups shredded white cheddar
16 homemade hamburger buns (or you can substitute store-bought)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Pour eggs into a USA Pan or lightly greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake for 18 – 20 minutes.
- Allow eggs to cool slightly, then slice into 16 even-sized, square pieces.
- Cut rolls in half. Place bottom halves in baking pan.
- Add one square of egg on the bottom half of the roll. Place a piece or so of ham on top of the eggs.
- Layer cheese on top of the ham. Put top half of roll on top of the cheese.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate or freeze the sliders if you want.
- To bake them right away, put them back in the 350 degree oven for another 10-15 minutes.