Let’s be honest here. Muffins are just a way to get more butter into our bodies. We can’t just sit around eating spoonfuls of butter without looking like lunatics. But, smear that butter on a muffin? Totally acceptable!
I love a GOOD muffin. I make muffins at least once a week for breakfast and sometimes more often so that I can offer them as snacks to the kids. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that they top my baking list and show up often. I like to use Trina Holden’s hashtag #buttervehicle as much as humanly possible.
Notice my emphasis on GOOD. Nasty muffins are just…nasty. Not even worth the butter you might waste on them. Boycott nasty muffins!
What makes a nasty muffin?
- No butter
- No butter
That about sums it up.
Also, making muffins is much more enjoyable when you use a USA Muffin Pan. Because the muffins don’t stick. Ever. DON’T STICK, I SAID!
So, since I make a ton of muffins, you’d think I would know the bestest ones to make, wouldn’t you? Well, my dear…you’re right! I consider myself a muffin connoisseur. Don’t you love it when you’re right?
Behold! My list of favorite muffins. You’re welcome.
Also, please note – all muffins should be consumed with slabs of butter. Otherwise, you’re doing them a grand disservice. Amen.
The 13 Best Muffin Recipes of All Time
- Mini Maple Pancake Muffins from Bakerella – My kids are NUTS over these. Perfect dipped in syrup, but they don’t even need that!
- Better Bran Muffins from ME – Bran muffins are my favorite muffin of all time. I have two favorite recipes. This is one of them. No cereal required!
- Basic Muffin Recipe from The red Bread Beckers Cookbook – Basically the best bread cookbook of all time. This recipe is easily adaptable.
- Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins from Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans – These aren’t overly sweet, so they make great snacks. Add vanilla. Trust me.
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes from The Humbled Homemaker – Okay, these are actually made in a mini muffin pan. So, they’re muffins. And they are delicious. Sooooooooooooo delicious.
- Banana Zucchini Muffins from Made From Pinterest – These are super good and they freeze wonderfully!
- Berry Cream Muffins from ME – I adapted this recipe from a Taste of Home version. Now they’re a tad more healthy. Just add butter.
- Blueberry Muffins from Tammy’s Recipes – These are the best blueberry muffins to hit my mouth. Ever.
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins from Pinch of Yum – Everyone in our family gives these 2 thumbs up!
- Bacon Cheese Muffins from Heavenly Homemakers – Who says muffins have to be sweet? We love these! And they are super quick to fix with soup.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins from Money Saving Mom – Very tasty and not too sweet like some chocolate muffins can be. Great for snack!!
- Honey Bran Muffins from Nurse Loves Farmer – This is one of the BEST bran muffins I’ve ever put in my mouth. I like to use the bran cereal from Trader Joe’s.
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins from Mother Thyme – Ohmygoodness. Every time I make these I want to eat them ALL. Dairy and egg free.
What’s your favorite muffin recipe?
Comment Policy: I love reading your thoughts and input on what you read here. I'm sure we'll disagree sometimes and that's okay! In those cases, do what's right for you and yours. As with any form of communication, only post comments that move the discussion in a positive direction.