Let’s be honest here. Muffins are just a way to get more butter into our bodies. We can’t just sit around eating spoonfuls of butter without looking like lunatics. But, smear that butter on a muffin? Totally acceptable!
I love a GOOD muffin. I make muffins at least once a week for breakfast and sometimes more often so that I can offer them as snacks to the kids. If you follow me on Instagram, you know that they top my baking list and show up often. I like to use Trina Holden’s hashtag #buttervehicle as much as humanly possible.
Notice my emphasis on GOOD. Nasty muffins are just…nasty. Not even worth the butter you might waste on them. Boycott nasty muffins!
What makes a nasty muffin?
- No butter
- No butter
That about sums it up.
Also, making muffins is much more enjoyable when you use a USA Muffin Pan. Because the muffins don’t stick. Ever. DON’T STICK, I SAID!
So, since I make a ton of muffins, you’d think I would know the bestest ones to make, wouldn’t you? Well, my dear…you’re right! I consider myself a muffin connoisseur. Don’t you love it when you’re right?
Behold! My list of favorite muffins. You’re welcome.
Also, please note – all muffins should be consumed with slabs of butter. Otherwise, you’re doing them a grand disservice. Amen.
The 13 Best Muffin Recipes of All Time
- Mini Maple Pancake Muffins from Bakerella – My kids are NUTS over these. Perfect dipped in syrup, but they don’t even need that!
- Better Bran Muffins from ME – Bran muffins are my favorite muffin of all time. I have two favorite recipes. This is one of them. No cereal required!
- Basic Muffin Recipe from The red Bread Beckers Cookbook – Basically the best bread cookbook of all time. This recipe is easily adaptable.
- Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins from Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans – These aren’t overly sweet, so they make great snacks. Add vanilla. Trust me.
- Pumpkin Spice Doughnut Holes from The Humbled Homemaker – Okay, these are actually made in a mini muffin pan. So, they’re muffins. And they are delicious. Sooooooooooooo delicious.
- Banana Zucchini Muffins from Made From Pinterest – These are super good and they freeze wonderfully!
- Berry Cream Muffins from ME – I adapted this recipe from a Taste of Home version. Now they’re a tad more healthy. Just add butter.
- Blueberry Muffins from Tammy’s Recipes – These are the best blueberry muffins to hit my mouth. Ever.
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Muffins from Pinch of Yum – Everyone in our family gives these 2 thumbs up!
- Bacon Cheese Muffins from Heavenly Homemakers – Who says muffins have to be sweet? We love these! And they are super quick to fix with soup.
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins from Money Saving Mom – Very tasty and not too sweet like some chocolate muffins can be. Great for snack!!
- Honey Bran Muffins from Nurse Loves Farmer – This is one of the BEST bran muffins I’ve ever put in my mouth. I like to use the bran cereal from Trader Joe’s.
- Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal Muffins from Mother Thyme – Ohmygoodness. Every time I make these I want to eat them ALL. Dairy and egg free.
What’s your favorite muffin recipe?