Years ago, there was an awesome blog called Tammy’s Recipes. She had the absolute best ever blueberry muffins recipe on there. Seriously, best EVER. Sadly, Tammy is no longer blogging and her blog has gone away (sadness).
Honestly, her blog’s disappearance has given me some kind of Recipe PTSD. Friends, this is EXACTLY why you should print ALL recipes that you find online…the ones that you enjoy, anyway.
You never know when recipe Armageddon will occur and they’re all be gone in a flash. I once had an AMAZING recipe for ciabatta bread. It was my fave…and then POOF! See – Recipe PTSD. It will NOT happen with these blueberry muffins!
So, here’s my Ode to Tammy – because it’s the only recipe I had enough sense to print. Tammy, you rocked my kitchen. You made me groan during dinner. Your recipes WERE THE BOMB!!!!!!! Your blog shall be forever missed. Also, why did you do this to me? The end.
Because I did actually print this one out, I’m reproducing it here with a couple of changes that I’ve incorporated over the years, such as adding some lemon essential oil to give it a little somethin’ somethin’. I hope and expect Tammy won’t mind and the world shouldn’t live without these blueberry muffins of magical goodness.
Best Ever Bluberry Muffins
- 2 cups flour I use fresh ground soft white wheat
- 1 cup sugar I use 3/4 cup unbleached organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil I use coconut oil
- 1/2 cup warm milk I use almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 15 drops Lemon Vitality Essential Oil optional
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (I do 375).
- In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, mix together eggs, oil, and milk.
- Add vanilla and lemon, if using.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir until combined.
- Gently fold in blueberries. (Tammy says to rinse frozen blueberries for 20 seconds under hot running water. I never do that.)
- Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full – you should get 12 muffins. I ALWAYS use my USA Muffin Tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until muffins spring back when slightly touched.
- Cool 5 minutes and then remove from pan to cool completely.
I don’t just want to share this particular recipe without also giving you some extra goodness for your breakfast meal planning. If you’re looking for more inspiration, check out some of my favorite breakfast recipes. You can also learn more about how I use essential oils around our home (including in the kitchen).