In just yet another area of life, I feel like a rebel. Why? Because if I can I confess something here.. I’m just “okay” with pumpkin recipes. I like it well enough, but I don’t scream and jump up and down when Pumpkin Spice Lattes are hitting the local Starbucks. I can eat pumpkin any time of year – and I do! – but I’m not cuckoo over it.
I will admit though, there is something about turning leaves and crisp mornings that makes me crave pumpkin just a little bit more. Even I can’t deny that something about pumpkin combined with spices makes me want to put on wooly socks and flannel pajamas. And I know I’m not alone in this. In fact, I’ve been seeing yummy pumpkin foods and cozy fall posts all over Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest for weeks now!
But seriously… what is it with pumpkin anyway?
From Pumpkin Spice Lattes to Pumpkin Milkshakes to Paleo Pumpkin Pancake Mix – pumpkin flavors are LITERALLY turning up everywhere and in everything. What is it about this fall flavor blend that gets everyone so fired up? The world may never know…
So, in honor of the season, I compiled a list of 20 pumpkin real food recipes that just so happened to all be made… crock pot recipes! That’s right – crock pot plus real food AND pumpkin? Is there anything better 🙂 Check them out below and please let me know if you have any that you’d like to add to the list!
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte from Thriving Home – because I know it HAS to be cheaper than FiveBucks
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Gingerbread Steel Cut Oats from Me – with an awesome water bath cooking method
- Pumpkin Bread from Wannabite – and yes, you “bake” it in your slow cooker. Bonus – no mixes here!
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Curry from Table for Two – check out Indian stores for garam masala
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup from Me – it really doesn’t get much easier than this
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Beer Chili from Baked by Rachel – who knew there was such a thing as pumpkin beer?!
- Caribbean Black Bean, Coconut and Pumpkin Soup from My Recipe Confessions – scroll to the bottom for crock pot conversion
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Lentil Stew from Laa Loosh – this one uses fresh pumpkin cubes
- Crock Pot Turkey Pumpkin Chili from Table for Two – I usually don’t like ground turkey but can eat it in soup
- Paleo Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Pudding from The Preppy Paleo – I’m not paleo but I could totally go for this
Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili from Skinny Taste – I absolutely love her recipes!
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Peanut Butter Soup from Get Crocked – anything with peanut butter makes the cut
- Crock Pot Spiced Apple Pumpkin Butter from Me – makes a great Christmas gift!!
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Baked French Toast from Country Girl Gourmet – homemade bread would work great!
- Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili from Lauren Paints – spicy paired with pumpkin is super good!
- Pumpkin Puree in the Crock Pot from The Grocery Shrink – much easier than the oven!
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Red Lentil Chili from Kitchen Treaty – lentils are a big hit around here
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter from Practical Stewardship – in case you don’t like the apple version
- Chipotle Pumpkin Chili from Babble – crock pot recipe instructions at the bottom, also I would omit the chili beans and just use regular beans
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheddar Soup with Chorizo from All Day I Dream About Food – because I love pork
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?