Everyone has “go-to” recipes…things they make over and over because they’re sooooooooooooooo good. Or maybe you’re like me and you get on a kick and you make that same food over and over because it was so good the first time, you just gotta have it again.
But then, there comes the problem of The Rut. The Rut is when your family says “Oh…spaghetti again?” Or “Mom, can we please have something besides meatloaf?” The Rut is a dangerous place to be – because you can lose your love of cooking all together. And that, my friends, is a saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad day.
So, if you’re in The Rut I wanted to make sure and help you dig out. I want to share several of my very favorite recipes from other sites…so you can try them too. You MUST try them too – I would not lead you astray.
1. Mini Maple Pancake Muffins from Bakerella. Really, these are AWESOME. Then again, Bakerella doesn’t put anything out that’s not awesome. Sometimes it takes a bit of conversion for us…like using wheat flour instead of white. These are SOOOOO good and they’re great for little hands. You can eat them plain, or we like to dip them in little bowls of syrup. Pinch bowls work great for this! I can’t make these often enough.
2. Banana Flax Muffins from Kitchen Stewardship. I love having ways to use up browned bananas and this recipe fits the bill. They have just the right amount of sweet…and they’re full of fiber. I should name myself The Fiber Queen.
3. BLT Quesadilla Wrap from Perry’s Plate. Holy cow. The first time I made these, I was in heaven. I fixed them several nights that same week…and then I’d fix them during the day for lunch when Barry was gone. SO easy and SO good. I want one right now – please?
4. Baked Potato Nachos from How Sweet Eats. These are fabulous. FABULOUS I SAID! Do not underestimate the power of the potato. These are good for lunch, a meatless dinner, or even a nighttime snack – I’m just sayin’. I’ve made them for me, for my family, and for company. They always get rave reviews. Make them. Right now. I mean it.
5. Alyssa’s Chicken Enchiladas from Tasty Kitchen. Seriously, these are the best enchiladas I’ve ever put in my mouth. I would make them every week if I had a reason too. Company goes NUTS over these. Even my picky Daddy loves these. The goat cheese just really makes these stand out. Think you hate goat cheese? Think again, my friend. Think again.
6. Cajun Chicken Pasta from The Pioneer Woman. If you follow me on Facebook you know I’m a fan of this dish. It’s my FAVORITE Pioneer Woman recipe, hands down. It’s what food is really all about. Yes, I have a female crush on Ree, but I can accept that. Make this. Your family will thank you…but, invite me to dinner, okay?
7. Easy Butterscotch Bars from Heavenly Homemakers. If you need something to go with ice cream, this is IT. Holy moly. It’s really easy and it has good, whole foods ingredients. Whole foods CAN be tasty and easy…if you don’t believe me, make these. Amen.
8. Strawberry Rhubarb Crumble from Branappetit. Brandi has GREAT recipes. You should totally subscribe her to blog…I love everything she posts. This is so easy…and you can usually find rhubarb at the farmer’s market if you don’t have some growing at home. Again, another great one to pair with ice cream. If you bake it, they will come.
9. Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffles from The Humbled Homemaker. These things should be illegal. You have two options: you can make them when people are around so you won’t eat them all….or, you can make them when everyone is gone so that you CAN EAT THEM ALL. I aim for the second one. These are a great little snack when you need something quick to grab and go. And trust me…they will go.
10. Polish Mistakes, a family favorite. When I married Barry, his cousin Lori (also my mentor) made these for me…and I’ve been hooked ever since. I did find the recipe online. These are THE party food. The only party food. Amen and amen. If you’re a woman and you want a man to marry you, make him these. He’ll propose immediately.