Every year after Christmas, I get in a meal planning rut. I don’t feel like cooking – why can’t we all just eat cheese and crackers every day? And why do these people keep coming to me wanting more food?
When I had this rut the first time, it bothered me. Because I actually enjoy cooking. The second year, it felt familiar. Now, well over a decade into this whole home management routine, I know to expect it…except, it keeps lasting longer. And I wonder – will this eventually be a year-long thing? Ha ha!
But, I do have a list of 10 that are all online – and I wanted to share them with you in case you ever experience this rut. Surely I’m not alone.
A lot of these call for ground beef – but you can easily use ground venison, ground turkey, or ground chicken for some variety. I was scarred for life with ground chicken when I was pregnant with Andy, soooooooooo – you can keep your ground chicken to yourself. Thanks.
10 Easy Meals When You’re in a Slump
- The BEST Sloppy Joes ever (serve over baked potatoes for fun)
- One Pot Spaghetti
- Cheater Korean Beef (we like this over rice with stir-fry veggies)
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Beef Stroganoff (good with peas on the side!)
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole (meatless!)
- Buffalo Crack Slaw (good with steamed carrots)
- BLT Quesadilla Wraps (chips are a good combo – I ain’t hatin’ on chips)
- Cowboy Beans (these cry out for cornbread)
- Pasta with White Bean Sauce (served with steamed broccoli, this one is on point! Extra score for hidden beans)
- Bacon Egg Avocado and Tomato Salad (I always serve with crackers)
Boom. What are your go-to meals for a quick fix?