After talking with several of you, it became apparent to me that a resource listing work from home companies was a NEED. So many of you want to stay home with your kids, but don’t feel as though you can. If you could find some work to do during nap-time or at night after they were sleeping, you would feel much more secure. First, we must remember that our only security lies in Jesus (sorry for the cliché sermon, but it’s true). Second, we need to get up off our keisters and TRY. Almost no one got a job by sitting on their tushy. It’s tough love around here, folks!
First off, I have not applied or worked for any of these businesses. I did some research online to create this list – everything I have listed below came from reputable websites like Christian Personal Finance and All You magazine. I did not list anything I found at The Enquirer or Iwillscamyou.com.
I realize that not all of these will work for you – you might be able to find one to work. But one is better than nothing, right? Some of these companies have specific requirements – and we all know I won’t be a translator any time soon (what did she just say?? I can’t understand her slang!). Just look through and see if any are a good fit for you. And bookmark and share this post with anyone that needs it! Work from home companies DO exist!
As always, please make sure to read the fine print – you would do that before signing on to any job, right? You want to make sure they aren’t going to send some monstrous equipment to your house or make you name your middle child Bathsheeba or require that you work in your birthday suit.
Special note: I did not include “blogger” on the list. Why? Because I feel like most people are under the false assumption that blogging is “easy” work. Well, guess what? Blogging for money takes more time and effort than just about any job – you work double the hours for the pay. You MUST love blogging to do it…not love MONEY to do it. That is all.
On with the list!
- Mystery Shopping opportunities at Strategic Reflections (referred by A Morefield Life) or at MysteryShop.org
- Write for About.com
- Customer Service for Amazon.com
- Be an “expert” at Brainmass.com (answer questions for students and write articles)
- Be a transcriptionist at Speakwrite.com – they speak, you type. Legal experience required
- Customer service for 1-800flowers.com
- Answer questions and work on scheduling for Uhaul.com
- Write for DemandStudios.com and see your articles published on sites like Livestrong.com
- Consult about the things you know about at Clarity Consultants
- Be a homework tutor for law, history, or engineering at Homeworktutoring.com
- Follow instructions and complete projects for companies at CloudCrowd.com (this one may be gone now…their website no longer seems to work)
- Evaluate search engine results at Leapforce.com
- Earn Amazon gift cards by using Swagbucks
- Take surveys for money or gift cards at EPollsurveys.com
- Sales experience? Try Arise.com and 44 other options at Real Ways to Earn Money Online
- Teach a foreign language at Gofluent.com
- Be an online Virtual Assistant
- Military family? Check out Blue Star Jobs
- Resale items for other people on eBay – there are even some “stores” that do this but you could do it at home – take a 30% cut from the sale price for your work.
- Be a “call center” employee from home! Companies include: Working Solutions, Liveops, Alpine Access, and 68 other options at Real Ways To Earn Money Online.
- Translate documents from other languages at Translastersbase.com
- Do you have an eye for photography? Check out these possible companies at Home With The Kids
- Look for Answering-Service jobs at Simplyhired.com or careerbuilder.com
- Set up rentals with Enterprise car rentals
- Pass an exam and tutor at tutor.com
- If you are crafty, sell your wares on Etsy or eBay
- Edit books or eBooks – find jobs at Simplyhired.com or Careerbuilder.com
- Offer technical support via phone for all sorts of companies. Here is a list of 19 from Real Ways to Earn Money Online
- Make phone calls to remind people about their medication at Goodstart
- Conduct telephone interviews for those applying for insurance with Univita Health
- Write short articles for pay at Textbroker
- Be a freelance writer at elance.com
And there you go. I hope it’s a blessing.