With the popularity of my 100 Days of No Processed Foods: Crock Pot Style post, I’ve realized there is a huge need and desire for crock pot recipes that don’t call for pre-packaged foods. When glancing through Pinterest, it’s evident that most crock pot recipes call for mixes, boxes, and cans of stuff from the grocery store. That’s why I so enjoy posting wholesome, whole-food crock pot recipes each Friday.
I got an idea in my head that wouldn’t go away. I have a dream – my dream is a huge list and resource of crock pot desserts that don’t call for cake mix, pudding, and canned pie mix. Did you know that before today, there isn’t such a list (at least not one that I can find). Well, BOOYA, BABY! I spent hours compiling this list for you. And it was a lot of fun hours, because as we all know, I love list making.
It’s hard to find wholesome slow cooker dessert recipes. Most of them are cake mixes baked in the crock – or a pie made with canned cherry pie filling. I know there is a need for healthy slow cooker desserts – and that’s why I provide a dessert section in both Crock On and Keep Crockin’. Because really, a girl should be able to get her chocolate on without eating it from a box.
SPECIAL NOTE: In some of these recipes you’re going to see white sugar, white flour, and even vegetable oil. I don’t use those things. For me, when I see them I just automatically substitute whole-food ingredients instead. It’s something that happens in my head – along with a host of other things, but that’s neither here nor there.
A few of the recipes call for graham crackers, but I’ve included a recipe for you to make your own. So, get creative! Instead of marking a recipe off because it calls for crushed, store-bought cookies, just make cookies and crush them yourself.
- If it calls for all-purpose white flour, I use white wheat (from my Nutrimill, but you can buy white wheat at the store).
- If it calls for white sugar, I use sucanat in equal amounts – coconut sugar or honey granules would work as well.
- If it calls for vegetable or canola oil, I use melted coconut oil.
- If it calls for cornstarch, I use arrowroot instead.
So, this list is for you – no mixes or boxes included. So you can make a crock pot dessert and make it wholesome. Everyone needs a wholesome piece of dessert after having
- Pumpkin Pie Cake from Mom on Time Out
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cake from Heavenly Homemakers
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cake from Heavenly Homemakers
- Applesauce Cake
- Hot Fudge Cake
- Clean Eating Chocolate Cake from Get Crocked
- Chocolate Zucchini Cake from Slava’s Recipes
- Banana Upside Down Cake from Get Crocked
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting from Crock Pot Ladies
- Blueberry Coffee Cake from Decadent Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Poppyseed Cake from Decadent Dessert Recipes
- Orange Pudding Cake from Slava’s Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Cake from LDSLiving Magazine
- Mixed Berry Pudding Cake from Better Homes and Gardens
- Nutella Swirl Chocolate Chip Pound Cake from The Naptime Chef (Homemade Nutella!)
- Double Apple Cake from My Recipes
- Red Velvet Cake from Slava’s Recipes – Amazon sells natural red food coloring (that’s an affiliate link).
Crisps and Cobblers
- Blackberry Apple Crisp from Practical Stewardship
- Apple Crisp from Kitchen Stewardship (Slow Cooker option)
- Peach Cobbler from What Vegan Kids Eat
- Peach Crisp from Money Saving Mom
- Black and Blue Cobbler from The Crockin’ Girls
- Caramel Apple Crumble from How Sweet Eats
- Strawberry Cobbler from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Blueberry Cobbler from Just a Pinch Recipes. Make your own self-rising flour using this recipe from Nourishing Joy.
- Summer Berry Grunt from The Merry Gourmet
- Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures
- Caramel Apple Crisp from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures. You can make homemade caramel with sucanat or brown sugar using this recipe from Heavenly Homemakers.
- Mini Berry Cobblers from Arizona Foothills Magazine
Brownies and Cookies:
- Gluten-Free Brownies from Practical Stewardship
- Sour Cream Cake Brownies with PB Frosting
- Polka Dot Peanut Butter Brownies
- Slow Cooker Blondies from Get Crocked
- Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies from Crock Pot Ladies
- Triple Chocolate Brownies from Martha Stewart
- Chocolate Chip Blondies from Crock Pot Recipe Exchange
- Cookie Divine from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures
- Game Day Brownies from Kleinworth and Co.
- Chocolate Raspberry Mason Jar Brownies from Recipes That Crock
- White Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie Bars from Frugal Foodie Mama
- Cranberry White Chocolate Cookie Bars from Simple Nourished Living
Custards and Puddings:
- Pumpkin Custard from Health Home and Happiness
- Old Fashioned Rice Pudding from Better Homes and Gardens
- Apple Cinnamon Rice Pudding from Sugar Plum
- Figgy Pudding from Get Crocked
- Grandma’s Raisin Pudding from Lark’s Country Heart
- Brown Rice Pudding from The Greenbacks Gal
- Coconut Rice Pudding from Woman’s Day Magazine
- Candied Nuts
- Cocoa Almonds
- Trail Mix
- Slow Cooker Fudge from Skinny Ms
- Nut Clusters from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Cinnamon Almonds from The Recipe Critic
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake (Gluten-Free)
- Crock Pot Cheesecake from One Perfect Bite. You can easily make homemade graham crackers using this recipe from Smitten Kitchen.
- Orange Mint Cheesecake from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures. Make homemade graham crackers using the recipe from Smitten Kitchen.
- Lemony Cheesecake from Better Homes and Gardens. Make homemade graham crackers using the recipe from Smitten Kitchen.
- Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake from Mommy’s Kitchen. Another good use of those homemade graham crackers!
- Strawberry Cheesecake from Couponing to Disney. Needs homemade graham crackers!
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake from The Better Baker. Need those graham crackers again! 🙂
- Cranberry Bread Pudding from Better Recipes
- Apple Berry Brown Betty from Chatelaine
- Chocolate Raspberry Strata from Cooking Channel TV
- Apple Brown Betty from Moms with Crock Pots
- Chocolate Cappuccino Bread Pudding from Recipe Lion. I would use homemade bread.
- Chocolate Nutella Bread Pudding from The Perfect Pantry. You can easily make homemade nutella.
- Cinnamon and Pecan Bread Pudding from Skinny Ms.
- Ricotta Vanilla Bread Pudding from Recipe.com
- Chocolate Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce from Skinny Ms.
- Old Fashioned Gingerbread from Slava’s Recipes
- Lemon Cornmeal Poppyseed Bread from Betty Crocker
- Banana Bread from Crock Pot Ladies
- Pumpkin Bread from Wanna Bite
- Pumpkin Bread with nuts from Get Crocked
- Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread from A Busy Mom’s Slow Cooker Adventures
- Gingerbread with Dried Cherries from Recipe 4 Life
- Blueberry Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread from Kitchen Tested
- Apple Cinnamon Raisin Bread from Glittering Muffins
- Bananas Foster from Skinny Ms.
- Crock Pot Applesauce from The Humbled Homemaker
- Butternut Applesauce
- Sweet Apple Chutney
- Stuffed Apples
- Apple Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Honey Bananas from Skinny Ms.
- Apple Confit from Recipe.com
- Apple Pie from Flour Me With Love. This one requires Bisquick, but you can easily make Homemade Bisquick using this recipe from A Spoonful of Coriander.
- Cinnamon Apples from Moms With Crock Pots
- Fruit Topping from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
- Gingered Pears from Moms With Crock Pots
- Blueberry Fancy from Café Mom
- Dried Fruit Compote from Eating Well
- Summer Fruit Compote from Family Fresh Meals
Drinks and Miscellaneous:
- Pumpkin Chai Tea from Barns and Noodles
- Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate from Kitchen Treaty
- Hot Cocoa from Creating Naturally
- Crème Brulee from cupcakeprojects on Allrecipes
- Chocolate Fondue from Budget Savvy Diva
And there you have it! Please note that most of these recipes go to other blogs. So, if you find a dead link please let me know.
For daily meal inspiration, follow @humoroushomemaking on Instagram.