In the spirit of keepin’ it real, as I usually do, I’m gonna be honest. I don’t have time to write this post – but I still want to share a yummy recipe. It’s holiday time, I’m behind (better than BEING a behind), and Andy keeps chewing on wires. Soooooooooooooooo, you might see that a few posts here and there are a bit sparse – and that’s because I’m busying chasing around a 15 month old who currently likes to play in the toilet while his sister stands by and watches (partners in crime).
So, it is what it is. Here’s a post full of pictures with a recipe at the bottom. This is a great way to fix chicken if you like hot food. Ciao baby!
Crock Pot Pepperjack Chicken
- 1 ½ pounds chicken breast or tenders
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 ounces Pepperjack cheese, shredded
- Rice or pasta to serve
- Lay chicken in greased crock – 4 quart.
- Top with peppers.
- Combine seasonings and sprinkle over all. Add water.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Drain liquid.
- Sprinkle cheese over all and cover to let melt.
- Serve over rice or pasta.
Yield: 4 servings