There is a new love in my life – Cauliflower. Cauliflower doesn’t leave white starchy spots all over my counter when I chop. We’re getting along quite well, thank you.
Cauli is so versatile that I can make rice with it.
Crock Pot Jalapeno Bacon Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 head cauliflower (or two frozen 12 ounce bags)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped (or 2 tablespoons chopped, canned jalapenos)
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Salt to taste
- Chop cauliflower into florets.
- Place cauliflower, salt, pepper, garlic, and jalapeno into 5 quart crock pot.
- Add water to almost cover.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or HIGH 3-4 hours or until tender.
- Drain water and mash using a food processor or blender.
- Mix in sour cream, cheese, and bacon. Let cheese melt. Salt to taste.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 6 servings