It’s that time of year again! Advent and all the Advent activities are upon us – which is strange, because I feel like it was just Easter yesterday. You know you’re starting to age when you start saying, “Man, where did the time go?” You never hear a teenager or a 20-something say that, do ya?
Celebrating Advent together is something our family looks forward to every year. As Annie (5) gets older, it has become even more fun because she’s able to participate a lot more – and Andy (2) will be active with us this year too!
Make sure you check out our Advent posts from prior years to see what calendar we use and to see other photos to get some great ideas. Most of our activities stick around from year to year as we find what really works for us.
Now – I’ve got these activities dated…but let’s get serious here. We all know life gets in the way – kids get sick – there is poop to deal with – crazy family members schedule things at the last minute just to mess with your head. So, we almost always end up moving some things around – that’s why it’s important to make sure you have a few activities that are really fun but don’t take much time.
- Decorate Christmas Tree – December 1
- Christmas Interview – December 2 (a list of questions to ask Annie and Andy and repeat each year to see how they have changed.)
- Fridge Snowman – December 3
- Game night – December 4
- Watch Elf – December 5
- Barter Theatre to see Jingle All The Way – December 6
- Shoebox online – December 7
- Candlelight dinner – December 8
- Gingerbread house – December 9
- Family Fingerprint Reindeer – December 10
- Homemade Hot Cocoa/Eggnog – December 11
- Blessing another family (families) – December 12
- Cracker Barrel and yearly ornament – December 13
- Wooden Snowman – December 14
- Finish Christmas cards – December 15
- Homemade cookies – December 16
- Homemade ornaments (snowflakes) – December 17
- Story of St. Nicholas– December 18
- A Muppet Christmas Carol (on Netflix) – December 19
- Food pantry donation – December 20
- Car ride to see Christmas lights – December 21
- Nativities – December 22
- Candy (turtles) – December 23
- Read Luke 2 from the family Bible – December 24