There’s something about turning leaves and crisp mornings that makes a feller want to make something pumpkin. Or maybe it’s just the fact that everyone else is doing it and it’s all over Pinterest so we get the subliminal message of:
THOU SHALL MAKE PUMPKIN FOODS
What is it with pumpkin anyway? Restaurants are all over it – ranging from Pumpkin Lattes to Pumpkin Milkshakes to Pumpkin Pancakes.
In just yet another area of life, I feel like a rebel. Because can I confess something? I’m just “okay” with pumpkin. I don’t scream and jump up and down when Pumpkin Spice coffee is back in the store. I can eat pumpkin any time of year, but I’m not cuckoo over it.
However, even I can’t deny that something about pumpkin combined with spices makes me want to put on wooly socks and flannel pajamas.
So, in honor of the season, I compiled a list of 20 pumpkin crock pot recipes…with real food in them. Because I noticed that sometimes those can be hard to find.
And maybe, just maybe, I made this list because it fills a void that I have to be always making lists. Either one.
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Spice Latte from Thriving Home – because I know it HAS to be cheaper than FiveBucks
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Gingerbread Steel Cut Oats from Me – with an awesome water bath cooking method
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Bread from Wannabite – no mixes here!
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Coconut Curry from Table for Two – check out Indian stores for garam masala
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Soup from Me – it really doesn’t get much easier than this
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Beer Chili from Baked by Rachel – who knew there was such a thing as pumpkin beer?!
- Caribbean Black Bean, Coconut and Pumpkin Soup from My Recipe Confessions – scroll to the bottom for crock pot conversion
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Lentil Stew from Laa Loosh – this one uses fresh pumpkin cubes
- Crock Pot Turkey Pumpkin Chili from Table for Two – I usually don’t like ground turkey but can eat it in soup
- Paleo Crock Pot Pumpkin Pie Pudding from The Preppy Paleo – I’m not paleo but I could totally go for this
- Crock Pot Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili from Skinny Taste – I love her recipes!
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Peanut Butter Soup from Get Crocked – anything with peanut butter makes the cut
- Crock Pot Spiced Apple Pumpkin Butter from Me – makes a great Christmas gift!!
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Baked French Toast from Country Girl Gourmet – homemade bread would work great!
- Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Pumpkin Black Bean Chili from Lauren Paints – spicy paired with pumpkin is super good!
- Pumpkin Puree in the Crock Pot from The Grocery Shrink – much easier than the oven!
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Red Lentil Chili from Kitchen Treaty – lentils are a big hit around here
- Crock Pot Pumpkin Butter from Practical Stewardship – in case you don’t like the apple version
- Chipotle Pumpkin Chili from Babble – crock pot recipe instructions at the bottom, also I would omit the chili beans and just use regular beans
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Cheddar Soup with Chorizo from All Day I Dream About Food – because I love pork
What’s your favorite pumpkin recipe?